The setup operates in ultrahigh vacuum (below 2 x 10-10 mbar).
- Low energy electron microscopy (LEEM) in bright and dark field with a lateral resolution of 4 nm;
- Photoemission electron microscopy (PEEM) with two UV excitation sources (Hg lamp and He I - He II lamp), lateral resolution about 15 nm;
- Mirror electron microscopy (MEM);
- Micro-Low energy electron diffraction (Micro-LEED);
- k-space mapping with sub-micron lateral resolution (individual grains).
- recording LEEM, PEEM, MEM, LEED movies in real time during thermal treatments, ion sputtering or thin layer growth.